CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday 21 March 2013

The wanderer returns

Well hello, long time no see! Sorry it's been so long, but life threw me a massive curve ball and crafting, unfortunately, fell by the wayside. I was asked to make a card for a lady going on maternity leave, but not to emphasise the 'leaving' part as the lady was coming back to work. Another stipulation was plenty of room inside for co-workers to sign, so I decided on a larger A5 size card. It took quite a bit of fiddling/panicking/swearing after several months away from the craft cupboard, but here's the result. Sorry for the poor quality photo - I forgot to take a picture with the camera before I delivered it, so I had to attempt a picture with my new phone!


I started with an A5 card base of crumb cake cardstock, layered with whisper white cardstock. I used the baby tees wheel on several colours of designer paper, then cut out the individual onesies and attached to a washing line of linen thread using little wooden pegs. I punched squares of designer paper in the same colours and added buttons, ribbons and die-cut letters. The sentiment was computer generated, and cut using one of the Apothecary Accents framelits. I inked round the edges with pool party ink to provide a bit of definition. Simples!!

Products used (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise stated):
  • Stamps: Baby Tees wheel
  • Ink: Basic Black, Pool Party
  • Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Whisper White
  • Other: Apothecary Accents Framelits, Designer Paper stacks (Brights, Neutrals, In-colour s 2011-13), Sycamore Street buttons and ribbons (SAB), Brights designer buttons, Daffodil Delight 1/4" stitched grosgrain ribbon, 1 1/4" square punch,  linen thread, Timeless Type Junior alphabet dies (retired), wooden pegs (non-SU), dimensionals.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...